Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tim and the Slater collection

This is my friend Tim.

Tim is a top bloke. We used to flat together up at “The Castle” a famous Crossroads share house that I ran for about 5 years.

Our house had several famous infestations including scorpions, slugs and slaters. Tim and I were famous for starting a collection of live slaters in a small jar in my bedroom*. Here is what one looks like.


The problem was that as the slaters died and smelt really bad. We had to throw them out. It was a sad day we were hoping to give them to our landlord to convince him that our house needed some work to stop the infestations.

Slater collection and Tim H supportMIKE salutes you.

* Disclaimer This was mostly my idea.

5 Comments:

Blogger akinney29 said...

Well mike, here in the states we don't call those slaters, they are known here as Rolly-Pollies because they make themselves into little balls...It is cool to learm a new name for them though...I used to have a 'slater' collection too.

August 16, 2006 3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharehouse that you ran?

August 16, 2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Taz said...

My big life plan is to one day build a house that is completely spider- and scorpion-proof. :)

(Yay, finally logged onto Blogspot!)

August 16, 2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger mike said...

Anon... I'm not sure who you are but I was the one who stayed there from the begining to the end. I would say that "ran" is the right word for it. :)

August 16, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger JK said...

I used to try and force slaters open when they would curl into a ball. I didn't like it when they did this, I thought they were being snoby. Just curling up and not letting me play with them. Then I would get angry with them and throw them miles away.

August 16, 2006 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home