Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mission (Wednesday)

Today’s lesson focused on Generosity. Particualrly in Acts where the believers all shared their possesions with one another.

Anne (see yesterdays pic) gave out packets of chips to our year sixes. Some had more and others had less. We even had some poor widows with nothing. The kids protested and moaned saying it wasn’t fair.

We then read the story about the believers sharing their mammon and loot with each other and being generous. Then the kids with more shared up those who had less. (A couple of kids were even specially ordained to make sure that the widows had their fill).


We also talked about how it was unity in Christs death that provides the motivation for generous actions... Well I was actaully absent for that bit, doing what I do best intimdating some naughty kids into behaving.



There have been over 200 kids attending HBC (Holiday Bible Club) each day. The pictures are from the upfront whole group time... and my impression of the "Blue Steel Cowboy".

supportMIKE would like you to pray for the kids @ HBC from non-Christian homes. Pray they will come into a personal relationship with Christ.

7 Comments:

Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

Hey, since you met me in person, you moved me out of the "friends" category, and removed the "nice guy" qualifier from my link.

Are you trying to tell me something? ;-)

July 05, 2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger SamR said...

Ouch Craig. I think he's trying to tell you something...

July 05, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger mike said...

I trust my latest edits aren't too much of an over statement...

July 05, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

blue steel ...

a bunch of guys had seen Stiller's film and loved ... laughed about it all the time ... so, when I had to get a lot of dental work done (all in one day) I decided to rent it to watch while I recuperated.

it made me sick ... hated the movie. so retarded!

July 06, 2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

but for those of you who like it ... the love and bond of Christ is stronger than movie preferences ... i love you anyway!!!

July 06, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger The Librarian said...

Oh dear,

I LOVE "Zoolander" it improves in the re-telling christine.

"ahe ahe, I think I'm getting the black lung pop"...

Or maybe that one you're doing is a "Magnum" Jolly??

July 06, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

perhaps it was all the hype before seeing the film ... how odd is it when all the guys you know start making weird puckered faces at the lunch table?!!

July 06, 2006 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home